Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

Piotr Roszatycki escreveu:

On Monday 01 of August 2005 20:03, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
Hi, Sean

Why do not work with php like python or something ?
We can put files of lib packages in /usr/share/php4   and /usr/share/php5
and in  /etc/php4/php.ini  on line of "include_path"  we  point to
/usr/share/php4
to php5  we do the same,  with point to /usr/share/php5 ?

and  php4-pear  and php5-pear  ,  we can put like conflitants,,  because
its very dificult  put both in same machine.
Or  we can create  pear4   and pear5  ,, or something else.

It was very unfortunate to release php-pear package. I can't now update the package based on last PEAR package.

Hi, Piotr

virtual package  solve it ?

Or we can create policy starting by php5  and php4  is as this today.

What do you think ?

Jose Carlos