Re: suggestion for section 4.3

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 12:16:42AM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > require_once('/etc/wordpress/config-'.strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']).'.php');
> What if you have two instances of an application running on the same
> vhost?  Your approach works well for a single instance per vhost, but we
> can get more fine grained than that, if need be.

Good question, I haven't quite solved this problem.

Perhaps some ENV could be passed from the htaccess file to make it look
for the correct config.php. Though this is a bit nasty as there would
have to be say one .htaccess in /srv/www/wordpress.example.com and a
whole lot of symlinks from /usr/share/wordpress into
/srv/www/wordpress.example.com

Perhaps someone has a better idea? Perhaps the user has to edit a flat
file in /etc/PACKAGE that points to right config (that has the DB
connection details):

example.com:example.cfg
blog.example.com:blog.cfg
example.com/~luser/public_html/:luser.cfg

But that would need a root user to setup the blog account for the luser
user. ARGH!

Naming the config will be upto the user I'm afraid in these cases.

It's difficult to get a unique representation of all the possible
options. www or no www. ~public_html. /blog /bugzilla etc.

These cases are something I wouldn't like to see. There should be a
unique domain per Web application IMO. bugzilla1.example.com
bugzilla2.example.com.