Re: Should webapp enable an apache module if needed?

* Uwe Steinmann

> No I wonder if each package using apache2 is responsible for activating
> any required module in its postinst script?
> egroupware (and probably other packackes including one of mine), don't
> activate mod_php4. Is this considered a bug?
> What if the package is deinstalled? Should it deactivate the module?
> I guess not, since others may need it.

  A package should never change the configuration of another package,
 at least not without asking a question that defaults to "no".

  A user must be allowed to have full control over the configuration of
 a package without fearing "pleasant" suprises such as modules getting
 enabled/disabled without him knowing.

  IMHO.

--
Tore Anderson