Re: Web applications specific issues

Le Mardi 3 Mai 2005 14:06, Pierre Habouzit a écrit :
> > - is cgi-bin obsoleted?
>
> I don't think so, for PHP, I've been told fastcgi is more efficient
> than apache module e.g. But that is sth the webapp should not have to
> be aware of. most of (even if it's not 100% true) the web apps (in
> php at least) work in php-mod as well as in cgi mode. so that should
> be sth that only the webserver has to be aware of.

ok, that answer of mine is stupid. but the directory is still not
obsoleted IMHO, even if like our web-apps instanciation problems, we
may want to have some cgi's be present only in some vhosts and not on
the others.

but I guess that most of the time, cgi's come alone, and will create
less difficulties.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O