Re: packages expected to fail on some archs

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 04:08:08PM +0200, Tobias Frost wrote:
> The problem is that if you want to exclude an arch explicitly, you have to
> list all archs you want to build it on. IOW,  I'm missing an easy way to say
> "not on THIS architecture", somthing like "[!armel]"
> I don't actually believe people are using them on that arch, because if they
> would, I would get bug reports about them… Upstream agrees with that: Although
> off-topic, I would be eager to know if there is anybody using $PACKAGE on an
> s390/System Z?"

A relevant quesion would be whether this is [!s390x] or [littleendian].

There are 5 additional big endian architectures in ports,
plus people elsewhere apparently working on ports like arm64eb.

And while it is unclear whether s390x has any users at all on Debian,
ports architectures like hppa or powerpc do have users.

cu
Adrian