Re: Extend build time for package

On Thu, 13 Oct 2022, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

Hi,

On 2022-10-12 11:34, Scott Talbert wrote:
Hi,

I sent this to armhf@buildd.debian.org, but received a bounce message, so
sending it here too.

Is it possible to extend a package's build timeout?  I'm trying to build
haskell-what4 on armhf and it is hitting the 150 minute timeout.  The particular
file that it is compiling when timing out takes a VERY LONG TIME to compile.

Do you have an explanation why this package didn't hit the 150 minutes
timeout on armel, on the exact same buildd? armel is supposed to be
slower.

So for now I given back the package to really see if this is an issue.

No idea. :( Probably something to do with different performance of the compiler (ghc) on armhf vs armel?

In any event, it looks like the giveback build succeeded, so I guess we're OK. For future reference, is the 150 minutes timeout adjustable?

Thanks,
Scott