Re: Build failure for Yoshimi soft synth

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 09:38:43PM +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:
> I hope I've come to the right place for this. If not please redirect.

It's not, but nevermind in this one case.

> For kfreebsd Yoshimi has been marked as unistallable for some time due to a
> claimed dependency on libboost-dev.
>
> This is not correct. We removed all reference to boost 2017-9-27 as reported in
> our changelog.

The build-dependency comes from the package itself, which means the
proper place to report this would have been a bug report against the
package.

Anyway, I'm part of the team that maintains it, so I went ahead and
removed the build-dep (after confirming that the build was the same
after removing it).
https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/yoshimi/-/commit/d792d6352519fec34bc0d031793be420fc325661

--
regards,