Re: SSO support for buildd.d.o / writing to wanna-build from www-data

On 2019-08-07 10:32, Peter Palfrader wrote:
On Sun, 04 Aug 2019, Philipp Kern wrote:

On 8/3/2019 10:06 PM, Philipp Kern wrote:
> I was pondering to offer a way to give-back packages to regular
> developers using SSO. Could you please add wuiet to the list of sso_rp
> machines?

Sure, please make a ticket.

Done, thanks #7892.

suexec is a pain.  It requires things live in /var/www for one, and it
doesn't get any nicer after that.

The way to run your scripts as a specific user is to make them an
application server (as in django, pylons, or anything really).  If
you're doing python, then the wsgi interface is the thing to use.

Yeah, I'm fine with that, too. If I need additional packages, I'll file another ticket/merge request.

Then apache can easily launch your wsgi thing as a specific user and
voila.

Where should the socket live for that?

We would probably prefer that user to not be wbadm but something like
wbadm-web that has its own directories and only the pg access that it
really needs.

Sounds good, filed #7893 for that. Thanks!

Kind regards
Philipp Kern