Re: Crypto++ 8.0 Armel failed build

On 2019-01-30 13:19, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
Hi Everyone,

This may be an opportunity for improvement in the build logs. I'm a
fellow who helps maintain a library (Crypto++), which is packaged by a
Debian maintainer (László).

As a side note, "Debian maintainer" (usually with an upper-case "M") refers to a specific status, which László does not hold, as evidenced by his @debian.org address - he's an uploading Debian Developer.

I'm not familiar with the Debian build machines, so the additional
information would be helpful to me during troubleshooting:

I wonder how much of this information is already present or trivially derivable.

By the way, the script outputs:

    | Build environment                                        |

    Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-8-armmp-lpae armhf (armv7l)
    Toolchain package versions: binutils_2.31.1-11

That should probably include a 'gcc --version', ' gcc -dumpmachine'
output, 'uname -a' and 'uname -m'.

It already does include "uname -m". The "kernel" link above is "sysname release version build-arch (machine)", with all but "build-arch" coming direct from uname - see https://sources.debian.org/src/sbuild/0.78.0-2/lib/Sbuild/ResolverBase.pm/?hl=791#L791

The "toolchain package versions" line that was snipped also already includes "g++-8_8.2.0-14 gcc-8_8.2.0-14", which includes the useful parts of the information you're going to get from "gcc --version"

Regards,

Adam