Re: let me help you with progressing bikesheds

On 2018-02-26 14:28, Paul Gevers wrote:
@wanna-build team: Neil suggested that instead of hacking on
wanna-build, you may be interested to switch to e.g. OBS²? Not sure how
I can help with such a task, but I am willing to dive into it.

I find that highly unlikely for official infrastructure, it's just too specialized and needs some level of integration with dak. I suppose (without knowing) that OBS also gives you repositories anyway? In this case wouldn't it be more sensible to point developers to it?

(And yes I know, the architecture coverage is likely lacking for large scale tests prior to uploading to Debian. But I think most of the bikeshed value can already be harvested with a smaller scale experiment.)

If you think that there is a point of switching away from wanna-build (which all involved people would like to do, at least switching away from the current Perl codebase) to OBS (or something else), a more concrete proposal would be appreciated. I'm sure we could come up with requirements.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern