Re: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR points to non-existing path

Hi,

On 2018-03-19 12:31, Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am currently packaging kdepim for Debian and unfortunately test failing for
> many archs, because XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is pointing to non-existing path. If I
> understand the documentation from freedesktop [1] correctly, it is in the
> responsibility of the system to provide a valid path:
>
> "XDG_RUNTIME_DIR defines the base directory relative to which user-specific
> non-essential runtime files and other file objects (such as sockets, named
> pipes, ...) should be stored. The directory MUST be owned by the user, and he
> MUST be the only one having read and write access to it. Its Unix access mode
> MUST be 0700.
>
> The lifetime of the directory MUST be bound to the user being logged in. It
> MUST be created when the user first logs in and if the user fully logs out the
> directory MUST be removed. If the user logs in more than once he should get
> pointed to the same directory, and it is mandatory that the directory
> continues to exist from his first login to his last logout on the system, and
> not removed in between. Files in the directory MUST not survive reboot or a
> full logout/login cycle. "

You actually pointed to the problem there, the buildd user never login
in the chroot, so it never gets created.

> Currently the tests failing for kdav [2]:
> QWARN  : DavItemFetchJobTest::runSuccessfullTest() QStandardPaths:
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR points to non-existing path '/run/user/2952', please create it
> with 0700 permissions.
>
> Several archs show the same behaviour: arm64, armel,armhf, i386, mips,
> mips64el, mipsel, ppc64el and s390x. Maybe also amd64 but as I uploaded amd64
> packages and the buildds haven't build them. See [3] version 17.12.2-1.

They all use the same software so that's normal they fail the same way.
That kind of issue should probably be fixed directly in the sbuild
package, which is used by the build daemons.

Aurelien