Re: let me help you with progressing bikesheds

Hello Paul

>> I do not want to drive you one way or the other, but if your ultimate
>> objective is support bikesheds, why not try if what's already out
>> there (OBS) can be made use (fit Debian workflows). Think on
>> maintenance costs (as in people/teams workload), think on
>> administration costs, think on QA costs, etc.
>
> @ftpmasters, what do you think of this approach? Would (ultimately)
> switching to OBS be acceptable, provided that we could make it work for
> Debian? Do you believe it may be worth it for the arguments given by Héctor?

Let me clarify FTP-master takes care of `dak` which is meant to
publish packages, OBS places sources and binaries in a directory and
runs `dpkg-scanpackages` which is suboptimal, I have (locally) added a
hook to plug-in `reprepro` to do this management for me, however I
assume it should not be hard to plug-in `dak`.

> Several questions about the OBS service:
> - you claimed the DNS entry, but haven't done anything with it yet. Is
>   that correct?

Yeah, I had OBS running there, but I had to take it off as hardware
sponsor asked to move away from that machine.

> - do you have server space to run the service on (I don't)? I guess I
>   could request a VM via the GPLHost⁴ if you don't have anything in mind
>   already.

I also have no hardware to run the service, otherwise it'd be online.
I have not bother too much to look for hardware resources.

Regards
--