Re: buildd chroot creation: who should get notified of failures?

On 2017-12-21 12:54, Héctor Orón Martínez wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Occasionally the buildd (and porterboxen) fail to debootstrap updated
> > chroots. Sometimes these are Internet problems, sometimes local network
> >  problems, sometimes mirror problems, sometimes archive problems. These
> > mails go to DSA but as far as I can tell, we always ignore them, I
> > certainly do. I have included below a sample of the error messages
> > since September so folks can get an idea of the errors.
> >
> > Should they go to the buildd admins?
>
> I think so, if buildd admins are responsible for buildds, that
> includes chroots, so if those are broken, they should be able to fix
> them.

The script to generate chroots is provided by DSA, and DSA don't really
leave a way for buildd admins to fix it. So at least in case of a broken
mirror or network issues, which appears to be most of the failures, I
think it should be DSA responsibility to fix that. With my DSA hat, I
personally have failed to do that.