Re: Please give back sagemath on i386

Tobias Hansen:
> On 01/24/2017 11:08 PM, Julien Cristau wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 23:23:15 +0000, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> Never mind, we did a binary-only upload.
>>>
>> Please don't do that...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Julien
>>

> Ok, may I ask why? Or is it just for the same reasons why source-only
> uploads are preferred?
>
> I just made another source-only upload of sagemath, the binary upload
> will not be used.
>
> Best,
> Tobias

I am guessing because it hides a FTBFS, even if it's random and sometimes succeeds. Give-backs are probably OK for other reasons, like if the bug was in the buildd infrastructure itself.

And yes we fixed it simply by ignoring the test, but this means that auto-builders at least can reliably auto-build it without a human (who doesn't know the sagemath package) having to intervene and decide if it's appropriate to ignore the test or not, or if it's a more serious bug.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git