matplotlib unable to build on the buildd network

Hey folks,
hope you're the right recipient for this.

I've uploaded matplotlib yesterday and now all archs are unabl to
build it due to:

matplotlib build-depends on:
- python3-mpltoolkits.basemap:i386
python3-mpltoolkits.basemap depends on:
- python3-matplotlib:i386
python3-matplotlib depends on:
- python-matplotlib-data:i386 (>= 2.0.0~rc2-1)
matplotlib build-depends on:
- python3-mpltoolkits.basemap:i386
python3-mpltoolkits.basemap depends on:
- python3-matplotlib:i386
python-matplotlib-data conflicts with:
- python3-matplotlib:i386 (< 2.0.0)

this is a likely a by-product of
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/matplotlib.git/commit/?id=ab7ba75b237b5692f734d700dd3c809b9a8850a2
and i think what happens is:

matplotlib b-d on basemap and -data
basemap depends on matplotlib
-data 2.0.0-1 is installed (since it's arch:all, it comes from the
package i uploaded)
matplotlib 2.0.0~rc2 is installed (as requested by basemap) since it's
the only version available on every arch

weird it didnt FTBFS on my machine (but this may be a pbuilder/sbuild
thing?), any suggestions how to address it? should i break << 2.0.0~ ?
or something else?

thanks a lot in advance!

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi