Re: Unsattisfied dependency python-cffi-backend-api-min (<= 9729)

Hi all,

Quoting Emilio Pozuelo Monfort (2016-06-20 20:52:32)
> On 20/06/16 20:17, Anton Gladky wrote:
> > Dear release team,
> >
> > I am not sure, whether I ask the question, using
> > the correct address. If I am not right, please redirect
> > me.
> >
> > Two of my packages (liggghts and yade) are waiting to
> > be build on build servers due to unsatisfied dependency
> > with the following note:
> >
> > =========
> > liggghts build-depends on:
> > - amd64:libvtk6-dev
> > amd64:libvtk6-dev depends on:
> > - amd64:python-vtk6 (= 6.3.0+dfsg1-1)
> > amd64:python-vtk6 depends on:
> > - amd64:python-twisted
> > amd64:python-twisted depends on:
> > - amd64:python-twisted-core (>= 16.2.0-1)
> > amd64:python-twisted-core depends on:
> > - amd64:python-openssl
> > amd64:python-openssl depends on:
> > - amd64:python-cryptography (>= 1.3)
> > amd64:python-cryptography depends on missing:
> > - amd64:python-cffi-backend-api-min (<= 9729)
> >
> > =========
> >
> > Can it happen due to some ongoing transitions and I should
> > just wait?
>
> That's not caused by any transition. That's due to missing support for versioned
> provides on dose/stable (the one we run on wanna-build).
>
> Josch, you told me backporting dose wasn't easy because of ocaml. Can you be a
> bit more specific? Does the new dose version depend on a new ocaml compiler? If
> so, would it be easier to cherry-pick this feature?
>
> If we can't backport this, then maybe we should tell people to not use versioned
> provides until Stretch is released.

I just had a look at backporting it. It's not only OCaml, it's also the
versions of libextlib-ocaml-dev, libocamlgraph-ocaml-dev and librpm-dev which
either have to be backported or dose3 has to be patched. Cherry-picking the
feature is quite difficult as well. At least I got now stuck and would need
some time to investigate why things fail. Unfortunately, that is time that I
don't currently have.

Maybe Pietro (in CC) can give some insight?

Thanks!

cheers, josch