Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification
- To: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <email@example.com>
- Cc: Lennart Sorensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Florian Weimer <email@example.com>, Mathieu Malaterre <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Hector Oron <email@example.com>, Niels Thykier <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DSA <email@example.com>, Debian Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>, debian-release <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Debian Wanna-Build Team <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:26:11 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] CAODfWeFXjTHo6YgwG6ksq4YE7qcawAK-SNChUAOT8CPEnE_h8A@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] CA+7wUsw2E71CkZnpfnGipsGR=x9tn+X7Y3ACMp762=ejKYqFOg@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] 20160616143928.GU5827@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] 20160620140545.GW5827@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20160620141550.GX5827@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> <[🔎] email@example.com>
On 2016-06-20 10:29, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 06/20/2016 04:15 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 04:11:32PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Well, we just did a full archive rebuild of "ppc64" to be able to
support ppc64 on the e5500 cores by disabling AltiVec, didn't we?
Well it is getting there.
The archive rebuild is done and around 11200 packages are up-to-date.
just the installer that needs work and someone needs to convince the
team that ppc64 is something we want as a release architecture.
Just out of curiosity, what's the stipulation with ppc64? Access to
hardware shouldn't be a problem if ppc64el is a release arch. Maybe i'm
just weird, but i would pick ppc64 over ppc64el any day. Other than my
personal affinity for big endian cpu's, ppc64el only has support for one
generation of cpu's whereas ppc64 should be able to run on everything
from power4 / ppc970 and up without too much trouble.