Re: Supporting armel/armhf in wheezy-lts

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 09:55:10AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Do you have some concrete suggestions?

Decrease the separation by moving the funds management into Debian proper (via
a TO like SPI) and move to a bounty model for working on LTS.  Make sure we're
transparent with our language regarding Debian being produced by volunteers
(eg: "The Debian Project consists of volunteers, and our products are developed
entirely by volunteers." on [1]) by commenting on how bounties are available
(or something).  Consider making LTS management a delegated team.

OR

Increase the separation by removing the fundraising statements / links from the
LTS pages previously mentioned, making Freexian just another consultancy listed
on the consultancy pages.

None of this is meant to diminish or tarnish the very significant contribution
that you or Freexian are making, which are both extensive and impressive.  I'm
seeking greater definition of the role and the language used.

[1]: https://www.debian.org/devel/join/

--
Luca Filipozzi
http://www.crowdrise.com/SupportDebian