Re: Please give back erlang-p1-* on arm64

Am 09.10.2015 um 08:37 schrieb Julien Cristau:
> On Thu, Oct  8, 2015 at 16:25:00 +0100, Wookey wrote:
>> +++ Philipp Huebner [2015-10-07 13:13 +0200]:
>>> there was a bug in rebar that caused several erlang-p1-* packages to
>>> FTBFS on certain architectures. Once that was fixed, the packages where
>>> automatically and successfully built again, but for some unknown reason
>>> the resulting binary packages for arm64 never appeared in the archive.
>>
>> Yes something very odd has happenned here.
>>
> As far as I can tell the packages were removed a month ago, so
> give-backs were the wrong thing to do: bugs#796565, 796566, 796567,
> 796568, 796569, 796646.

I see now what has happened: when the bug in rebar came up I requested
those removals so the packages would migrate to testing anyway.

ftp-masters didn't act for weeks and the bug in rebar was fixed in the
meantime, the packages where successfully built again so I closed those
removal requests, but shortly after the packages where removed by
ftp-masters anyway.
I had assumed the removal e-mails that followed were sent automatically
because I used ######-done@bugs.debian.org to close the removal
requests, but that was obviously wrong.

So all in all it was just bad timing.

What would have been the right way then instead of asking for give-backs?

Regards,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: 6719 25C5 B8CD E74A 5225  3DF9 E5CA 8C49 25E4 205F