Re: failed builds of gvfs 1.26.0-1

Hi,

Quoting Simon McVittie (2015-09-30 01:47:45)
> This appears to be because the experimental buildds are now running an
> unmerged sbuild branch with a new aspcud-based resolver, which is apparently
> better for Haskell but fails to install build-dependencies for gvfs. I'm not
> sure why that is. The same gvfs source builds successfully in a slightly
> older snapshot from sbuild git master (774707b) with either the aptitude
> resolver and experimental, or the default resolver and unstable.

the problem is indeed aspcud. It is reported as #800526 and also affects
src:boinc.

> On the sbuild side, it would be great if Debian infrastructure could run on
> something that was released (at least to experimental) and readily available
> to DDs. If it's good enough for production use, it's probably good enough for
> experimental?

the current sbuild in git fixes a bunch of problems in sid and I would not mind
a new release, especially since that would also give much more testing to the
new features than I am able to do by myself.

Though I never did an sbuild release myself and the release process also seems
a bit tricky with a fuzzy distinction between being a native package and having
a separate upstream release... I would certainly not mind any assistance from
people in debian-wb-team@l.d.o

cheers, josch