Re: failed builds of gvfs 1.26.0-1

On 30/09/15 00:30, Debian buildds wrote:
>  * Source package: gvfs
>  * Version: 1.26.0-1
>  * Architecture: powerpc [and others]
>  * State: failed

This appears to be because the experimental buildds are now running an
unmerged sbuild branch with a new aspcud-based resolver, which is
apparently better for Haskell but fails to install build-dependencies
for gvfs. I'm not sure why that is. The same gvfs source builds
successfully in a slightly older snapshot from sbuild git master
(774707b) with either the aptitude resolver and experimental, or the
default resolver and unstable.

On the GNOME side, uploading the new gvfs to unstable would probably
resolve this, if there isn't any particular reason not to. I only didn't
do so because I didn't want to upload it prematurely.

On the sbuild side, it would be great if Debian infrastructure could run
on something that was released (at least to experimental) and readily
available to DDs. If it's good enough for production use, it's probably
good enough for experimental?