Re: experimental does not like Haskell

On 2015-08-28 14:53, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Hector Oron (2015-08-28 12:55:13)
> > It is rather tricky to check that, as you need quite a long list of
> > packages from experimental, then one needs to verify the build-dep
> > chain is correct, as using other solvers seemed to lead to bogus
> > packages being pulled in. <URL:
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=693921#52 >
> >
> > If you have ideas for robust test cases, feel free to post them.
>
> since multiple packages are able to provide the same package name and since
> there are dependency alternatives (A|B), there exist multiple solutions for
> most dependency satisfaction questions. If all constraints are honored then
> they are all correct.

The dependency alternatives are striped by sbuild to get a deterministic
result. The dependency A might not be installable during some time
(maybe only a few hours).

Unfortunately we don't do the same on the wanna-build side, that's why
sometimes wanna-build believes the build-deps are installable, while in
practice they are not.

Aurelien