Re: Please gb minimodem 0.20-1 on armhf

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

> Hi, please schedule a give-back rebuild of minimodem 0.20-1 on armhf -- it
> looks like the builder ran out of memory[0][1].

I did not spot any evidence on running out of memory, also those
machines should have more than enough memory available. However I gave
it back, producing same expected results. So, sorry, but that did not
fix the test failures on armhf.
These lines in the build log made me think that out-of-memory was the cause of the problem -- but I see that these lines do also appear in the give-back build log from a different builder.  It is still not clear to me whether these errors are considered "normal" occurrences for our armhf builds:
E: 05lvm:   ffff0000-ffff1000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0          [vectors]: mlock failed: Cannot allocate memory
E: 05lvm:   ffff0000-ffff1000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0          [vectors]: munlock failed: Cannot allocate memory

Anyway . . .

Feel free to try a build of your package on debian porterboxes:
abel.debian.org or harris.debian.org

​I still can't reproduce the problem​.  My test builds on harris.debian.org and asachi.debian.org in a 'sid_armhf-dchroot' appear to work fine (minimodem 0.20-1 builds and passes all 25 of its test cases, using the porter box schroot build method here[2]).

Hector (or anyone else!), do you have further suggestions about how I might better replicate the armhf builders' environment?

Any advice on this armhf-specific problem[0][1] will be most appreciated.

 -Kamal