Re: Remaining buildds still using old buildd archive location

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:46:03PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's now one month after we switched to a new layout for the buildd
> archives[1].  However there are still a few buildds using the old
> location (as of today):
>
>   *.debian.org:
>     zemlinsky.debian.org.
>     mayer.debian.org.
>     caballero.debian.org.
>     rem.debian.org.
>
>   non-*.debian.org:
>     ironforge.sceen.net. (hurd-i386)
>
> Surprisingly many buildds also accessed the old locations yesterday[2]:
>
>   zemlinsky.debian.org.
>   mayer.debian.org.
>   ancina.ugent.be. (should be taken care of by now)
>   caballero.debian.org.
>   ironforge.sceen.net.
>   rem.debian.org.

>   lebrun.debian.org.
>   schroeder.debian.org.
>   biber.debian.org.
>   brahms.debian.org.
>   spontini.debian.org.
>   stadler.debian.org.
>   murphy.debian.org.
>
> In the days before the list was almost identical to the first one. Not
> sure why it differs for yesterday.

The second half of those are because I upgraded the chroots on those
machines the 9th.  The "source" schroot have the old line in them,
and if you enter the chroot and then run apt-get inside it it uses
what's in /etc/apt/sources.list instead of the files we copy in
when using sbuild(-apt).  I fixed at least the unstable chroot
on those machines.

> Could the security buildds also switch to the new layout? They should be
> able to access
>
>   deb http://security-master.d.o/debian-security-buildd buildd-SUITE/updates main contrib non-free
>
> instead of the old "http://security-master.debian.org/buildd-SUITE /".
> Please try it on a buildd first to make sure it really works.

It works, but the conent of the files are different:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 197668 Feb 16 11:30 /var/lib/apt/lists/security-master.debian.org_buildd-squeeze_Packages
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  14379 Feb 16 11:30 /var/lib/apt/lists/security-master.debian.org_debian-security-buildd_dists_buildd-squeeze_updates_main_binary-i386_Packages

I guess that's expected since the first contains all arches.

Kurt