Re: Please give back ruby-fftw3 on non Linux

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 03:42:11PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> (2013-11-27):
> > When ruby-fftw3 was built, ruby-narray was not available (at least for
> > Ruby2.0) on the non linux architectures. Now that ruby-narray builds
> > fine on those, could you give back ruby-fftw3 to kfreebsd* and hurd?
> >
> > Thanks in avance
> >
> >   gb ruby-fftw3_0.4-5 . kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 hurd

> Shouldn't there be some build-dep to ensure this narray thing is
> available? Or was it available but broken?

ruby-fftw3 build-depends on ruby-narray. The version of narray bringing
support for ruby2.0 was failing on those arches when ruby-fftw3 0.4-5
was uploaded. Hence an earlier version of ruby-narray without ruby2.0
support was picked, causing the build to fail (gem2deb is building for
ruby1.9.1 and ruby2.0 by default).

Admittedly, there is no version checking on ruby-narray in the
build-deps. The maintainer may have thought it was not needed or just
forgot it.

Would you prefer we upload a new ruby-fftw3 package with a build-dep
containing gem2deb (>= 0.5~), ruby-narray (>= 0.6.0.1-2~)?

Cheers,

Cédric