Re: ~-web-paths on wuiet

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 29.09.2013, 15:53 +0200 schrieb Cyril Brulebois:
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> (2013-09-29):
> > I heard from DSA that this is in the realm of of the wanna-build
> > admins, but I have not heard from you. Will you be adding the userdir
> > symlinks eventually again, or has there been a decision against that?
>
> from a bystander's point of view, it looks to me like there's a general
> consensus that features should get merged into proper infra instead of
> living their lives in per-user directories. Maintaining a playground for
> a given timeframe could be doable, but would mean some maintenance
> overhead, and people writing some code. I think getting your features
> merged into w-b proper would be best.

well, when I suggested that a while ago, there was zero interest in the
graphs, so I concluded that it will stay a feature that I use mainly
myself, which is fine, but at least I need the infrastructure (i.e. the
symlink) to do that.

Also, I think it is beneficial for the project if a contributor to, say,
the stats view can run and hack on a private copy in ~foo _without
having to ask for it first_, otherwise the motivation to improve the
package might be lost even before he can start working.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner