Re: Why not to let all DDs to execute "gb"-command

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 07:56:24PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
> So, I think the developer should have a set of tools (including gb and
> even "slight" removal commands), which allow him to do the most of
> packaging work without worrying other teams/developers. And, of course,
> those tools should be relatively secure not to break others work and the
> whole archive. "gb" is a harmless in this case.

it is not. If you rely on random successes of your build this is worse than not
providing a build at all. If there's a security issue, people will be forced to
spend time on the issue. Either the Security Team or by extension the Stable
Release Team, to get it built to finally include it into a point release or
leave it lingering forever in p-u-new because a test case fails.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern