Re: Please give back firebird2.5 on s390x

On Fri, 2012-07-20 at 16:20:24 +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 03:35:01PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > ISTR other segfaults in other dpkg code paths on s390x (maybe I'm just
> > misremembering), if that's the case that might hint at a deeper
> > problem in the architecture, hardware, kernel, glibc, etc?
>
> You'd be surprised, however, about how many failures are indeed due to people
> not assuming the right things when dealing with 64bit big endian.

Oh I'd not be surprised in general, although I would be a bit for dpkg
at least, given that there's supposedly ppc64 and sparc64 around
somewhere.

> However, why I mentioned it: As least on s390 we have unexplained,
> non-reproducable segfaults in malloc sometimes, retrying always fixes the
> problem. I'm not certain if this affects s390x too.

Maybe it was on s390 logs I saw those segfaults. In any case it might
be a good idea to enable core dumps on the buildds there, if they are
not already enabled?

regards,
guillem