Re: Please give back atlas on i386

Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 04:28:32PM +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
>> Please give back atlas 3.8.4-8 on i386.
>>
>> It already failed to build two times on i386 but yet I am convinced that
>> it is buildable, because the diff with 3.8.4-7 (which built on i386)
>> only affects maintainer scripts. Also note that version 3.8.4-8 built on
>> all other release archs. Unfortunately, atlas exhibits random build
>> failures as discussed in <87sjdw2tde.fsf@brouzouf.villemot.name>.
>>
>>  gb atlas_3.8.4-8 . i386
>
> Given back with gnashing teeth.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it failed again, for the third time in a row on
biber. This is probably a different issue than the known random failures
(which are actually not so prevalent since atlas 3.8.4-8 built on all
other arches at the first try).

I successfully built atlas 3.8.4-8 in an i386 chroot on an amd64
machine, which is precisely the setup of biber IIRC. So I am rather
clueless. Is there something special about biber that we should be aware
of?

Note that version 3.8.4-7 of atlas (which only differs from 3.4.8-8 in
the maintainer scripts) built successfully on murphy, so it could be
worth trying that specific buildd.

Also note that 3.8.4-8 fixes two RC issues (not reported in the BTS) and
implements a workaround for a 3rd one (#576972); so having it in Wheezy
is valuable.

For post-Wheezy, my hope is the latest major upstream release (3.10)
will improve the situation.

Best,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot