Re: Please build ogre_1.7.4-5 and k3d_0.8.0.2-18 on mipsel

2012/7/14 Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:10:31 +0100, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
>
>> For one, GCC version is 4.6 instead of 4.7 (which I think, is the
>> default in other archs.)... I guess that it's for a good reason?
>>
> 4.7 is only the default on x86.

I see.

So k3d has a history of building fine in all of the architectures for
years with only few and far-between hiccups, including mipsel [1].
The orig tarball is the same for years, and the changes introduced
since it was built successfully in mipsel are of very little
importance [2].  Ogre had the same python-related error and now built
fine.

Other than changes in the dependencies (newer versions) or build tools
chain, everything should be the same.

Can you please advise about what should one do in this cases?

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=k3d&arch=mipsel
[2] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/k/k3d/current/changelog

Cheers.
--