Re: Requesting freeze exception for snappy 1.0.5-2

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 11:46:27PM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> I'm looking to see if it would be possible to get a freeze exception for
> snappy (producing libsnappy1 and libsnappy-dev). testing has had 1.0.4-1 for
> a long time; 1.0.5-1, a new upstream release (containing mostly performance
> improvements) has been in unstable for about three months, but has failed to
> compile on armel due to a bug specific to Debian ARM-systems (the only ARM
> systems I use regularly are Ubuntu and Android systems), and no bug was filed
> for this. Thus, it has not transitioned to testing, despite no bugs filed
> against the package. I filed an FTBFS bug, #679964, myself when the DDPO
> report arrived (just after the freeze!), for tracking purposes.

The buildd.debian.org system does mail maintainer about failed builds.
However it does so through the PTS, so it's possible that you don't get
it if you don't subscribe to your packages with either the default or the
buildd keyword.

Perhaps it would make sense to change it.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern