Re: gb gnat-gps_5.0-11 . armhf

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 02:08:04PM +0200, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:50:41 +0200, Hector Oron wrote:
> >2012/6/25 Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>:
> >>Following instructions at [1] I hereby request that gnat-gps be
> >>rebuilt on armhf.  The buildd killed the build midway because it
> >>was taking too long for its taste.  This is a big package, taking
> >>between 9 and 10 hours to build, but is OK otherwise.  Therefore,
> >>if possible, please choose a buildd machine with several cores,
> >>lots of physical memory and no hardcoded time limit on builds.
> >It has been given back.
> Thank you but what I explained happened again today on hildegard:
>
> make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
> Build killed with signal TERM after 150 minutes of inactivity
>
> Please, give back again or suggest another course of action.
> I *cannot* and *will not* rebuild manually with every upload,
> I can only do that in exceptional circumstances.

The correct way is to output something as long as the build is still making
progress.  Of course that shouldn't cause the buildd to be blocked forever if
the build system fails midway.

Currently exempting single packages from the timeout is a hassle and needs to
be done on every possible buildd.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern