Re: Wheezy freeze and squeeze-backports-sloppy

    Hi again.

* Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> [2012-07-30 09:05:09 CEST]:
> * Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> [2012-07-12 17:57:46 CEST]:
> > I wasn't very happy back then either. It was sort of rushed through in
> > some private IRC pings about me setting it up on the wanna-build side.
> > All I'm saying is if it would be possible to review the arguments,
> > having had the experience for one cycle.
>
>  The arguments why it is wanted (and to some degree needed) didn't
> change since then.  There are still the two groups of people who expect
> backports to be upgradeable to the next release _without_ backports, and
> those who still want to have newer versions in _after_ the release.
> Both are valid concerns, and both have their userbase.
>
> > It's sad that we do not currently scale on the buildd side, but that's
> > how it is.[1]
> >
> > (And it's likely to take a month until all buildds have implemented it,
> > given the current speed of any buildd updates needing to take place.)
>
>  Is there anything we can help with that?  (and, ouch :( )

 I'd like to re-ask this question, it might went unseen.  Is there
anything we can help with?  postgres-9.2 was one of the things that was
asked about already, and I suspect that there are people wanting to
provide other stuff too.

 Thanks for any hints in advance,
Rhonda