Re: Please give back firebird2.5 on s390x

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 03:35:01PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> ISTR other segfaults in other dpkg code paths on s390x (maybe I'm just
> misremembering), if that's the case that might hint at a deeper
> problem in the architecture, hardware, kernel, glibc, etc?

You'd be surprised, however, about how many failures are indeed due to people
not assuming the right things when dealing with 64bit big endian.

However, why I mentioned it: As least on s390 we have unexplained,
non-reproducable segfaults in malloc sometimes, retrying always fixes the
problem. I'm not certain if this affects s390x too.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern