Re: Make alternative build-depends work on backports buildds (was: Give back ktorrent in squeeze-backports)

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 09:06:44PM +0300, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Alternatively, sbuild 0.62.5-1 works well on my system without any further
> tweaks (because aptitude resolver is smarter). So you can also upgrade sbuild
> to the later version to fix the problem (this helps since libqtwebkit-dev does
> not exist in squeeze as per changelog). Still adding "$resolve_alternatives =
> 1" does not hurt.

As discussed on IRC, I don't regard that as a proper solution as long as it's
not passed by buildd to sbuild to do that for backports only.  I've reverted
the offending patch in the meantime.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager