Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

On 2011-03-28, Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> wrote:
> But I'd think that "making sure this buildd host can still do uploads in
> a timely manner when the key expires" is pretty well inside the realm of
> the buildd admin's responsibility.

And manual signing wouldn't be timely?

I talked with Joerg at the meeting and we agreed that arch-based admin
keyrings aren't needed.  If you feel so strongly about it, I think you
should take it up yourself and make [0] support one keyring per arch.
(Or get Joerg to do it.  As I told him that he doesn't need to consider
it in the initial design it feels unfair to me to ask him now.  Either
way, if it isn't done, you don't feel strongly enough about it.  There's
no policy decision in the way this time.)

I still don't think it's necessary, as it will be mostly identical on
all archs and we'll be doing the work anyway but frankly I don't care,
as long as the keys are following the rules the ftp-masters set for
them.  We'll still monitor the expiry and if you don't react quickly
enough do it ourselves.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[0] scripts/debian/buildd-* in http://ftp-master.debian.org/git/dak.git/