Re: Please rebuild vtk on amd64

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 07:12:39PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> There is an issue (#617240) with an undefined symbol on the amd64
> package for vtk, please rebuild vtk on amd64. Thanks.

I have to wonder which mysql version it was linked in that
case and why it doesn't work anymore.  Did libmysqlclient16
drop a symbol or something?

> gb vtk_5.6.1-3 . amd64

Maybe you want a binNMU instead?

I would like to know why this happened, so we can check
that other packages aren't affected.

Also, I would like to know if other arches are affected
or not.

Anyway, looking at the libmysqlclient16 that symbol
is there, maybe they forgot to bump shlibs and
you're using an older version?

Maybe the new g++ generates new symbols?

The bug report doesn't mention an libmysqlclient*,
but it does list an older libmysqlclient-dev.

Kurt