Re: Please give-back aspectc++ on mips

* Reinhard Tartler (siretart@debian.org) [111004 08:51]:
> On Mo, Okt 03, 2011 at 11:23:44 (CEST), Andreas Barth wrote:
>
> > * Reinhard Tartler (siretart@debian.org) [110930 15:22]:
> >> Could you please retry the build of 'aspectc++' on mips with less concurrency?
> >
> > done so.
> >
> > Basically, we would need a second value for memory usage, or
> > "c++-concurrency", or whatever. Any good ideas are welcome.
>
> Thank you very much, the package is now on it's way to migrate to testing.
>
> If there is anything that I can do in the package to make building it on
> the buildds easier, please let me know.

I marked the package by hand "build not on the octeons". This works,
but is of course clumpsy.

The situation on the buildds is as follows:

We have the octeons with 16 cores and the swarms with dual core. For
"normal" packages, building with up to 10 cores on the octeons works
fine.

What we really need would be a way to say to a package not only "you
can use up to 10 cores" (which we currently do), but also "you can use
up to n memory" (which would then limit parallelity for e.g.
aspectc++, but not for regular c packages). If you (or anyone else)
has good and working ideas for that, I'd be more than happy to
implement it on the buildd side.

Andi