Re: Wanna-build BoF

* Mehdi Dogguy (mehdi@dogguy.org) [110728 15:10]:
> We are oganizing a wanna-build BoF today at 5pm. If you're
> interested, let's meet at bottom of stairs. The location is
> not final yet, so don't be late.

unsorted minutes:

selecting buildd for a package
moving blacklist to wanna-build
+ we want it, but patch needs to be written

move configuration to wanna-build as far as possible
+ consensus, needs to be done

multiarch support
+ no large issues right now, but issues will come up

apt-resolver
+ need to upgrade to current buildd version
+ use apt-resolver on i386/amd64 for finding bugs
  + check if the default on build-deps striping is sane
+ add check-script to see if apt-keys etc are there (after installation)

wait for the 4th and 5th build try only 20 minutes, then 1h

take sbuild-build-deps striping code to wanna-build

mails for buildlogs?
+ still ok for communicating to buildd.d.o
+ would be cool to have a tool monitoring the build failures on grieg
+ have two mail adresses for success and failures in sbuild

security buildlogs
+ put logs read-protected to grieg in future
+ could in future make logs available after security release if someone
  implements it

ease debian-ports
+ schema changes are a maintenance burden for debian-ports
+ consider to move debian-port wanna-build services to grieg
  + check with DSA for access for non-DDs, e.g. via locked commands

buildd/sbuild maitenance
+ testsuite would be great

release website / uptodateness
+ update pgstatus to show data (mehdi)

multicore & ....
buildd & sbuilds in parallel
+ would be great if buildds could fill up their cores up to the maximum limit
+ for starters start with a list of packages which should go on a multi-core
  machine (aba)

enable schroot-cleanup on reboot
+ needs to be done (aurel32/aba)

buildd postfiltering
+ do that if possible
+ raise bugs for packages silenting gcc-output

+ move package into reject state if ftp-master rejects the uploaded packages

armhf will soon come to the archive, followups on wanna-build side needed

Andi