Re: inconcistency in build failures between buildds

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 06:41:31PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Dear all buildd maintainers, especially those of s390, powerpc and armel,
> please kindly inspect
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ball
> which shows successes or failures for an implicit conversion from the
> constant integer -1 to char.

char can be either signed or unsigned. Only values from 0 to 127 can be
saved in it savely. If you need to store -1, you have to use signed char
(and bear the consequences).

Bastian

--
We do not colonize.  We conquer.  We rule.  There is no other way for us.
		-- Rojan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4657.5