Re: Quodlibet 2.3-1 vs. 2.2.99-1(+b1)

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:09:43 +0200, Ondřej Kuzník wrote:
I'm helping maintain the package quodlibet and a really weird thing
has happened lately.

A transition has resulted in a binNMU on one of the binary packages
(quodlibet-ext). After that I packaged a new version of the software,
removing that binary package altogether and thus making quodlibet an
arch: all package. That one was later accepted in the archive but right
now packages.debian.org tells me that the last version of its binary
packages in 2.2.99-1(+b1) and that the last version of the source
package is 2.3-1 - the 2.3-1 binary packages have disappeared.

I think the problem is this:

 quodlibet |   2.2.99-1 |      unstable | source, all
 quodlibet |      2.3-1 |      unstable | source, all

which is most likely caused by quodlibet-ext still being in the archive in unstable. You need to ask ftp-master to remove the old -ext packages, which will hopefully remove the 2.2.99-1 source and binary packages of quodlibet in the process; it might be worth checking with them that this will happen, just in case.

After a brief discussion on #debian-devel, KiBi suggested that I contact
your team.

Can you help me investigate what went wrong not to make the same mistake
again? What should I do next?

See above. In any case, this is an issue on the archive side, not anything to do with the buildds.

Regards,

Adam