Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:55:39AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:19:32PM +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > I talked with Joerg at the meeting and we agreed that arch-based admin
> > keyrings aren't needed.  If you feel so strongly about it, I think you
> > should take it up yourself and make [0] support one keyring per arch.
> Why do you want one keyring per arch? What problem are you trying to
> solve with this?

I think it's called principle of least privilege.  Of course we could also let
all buildd admins add arbitrary keys for any architecture and hope that it
isn't abused, given that you're able to upload from anywhere in the world
using the key.

(But then everyone who adds keys for his machines at home will just get his
privileges revoked anyway.  Question is if harm is done at that point already.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern