Re: SPARC daily d-i builds

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 09:16:18AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 07:23:29 +0000, Jurij Smakov wrote:
>
> > That got me thinking... We had this T2K box (zee) donated a while ago
> > (http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2009/08/msg00009.html, for
> > example), and it shows up as a buildd on a machine page, however I
> > don't really remember ever seeing a package built on it. Can you
> > please check what's its state and whether it can be used for these
> > builds?
> >
> Last I knew, zee was being used as a buildd for the prospective sparc64
> port.
> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/fetch.php?&pkg=scid&ver=1%3A4.2.2.cvs20110111-1&arch=sparc64&stamp=1294809847&file=log&as=raw
> suggests that's still true.

Fair enough. However, the machine has 32 CPUs and 32G of RAM, so even
while used as a buildd, significant amounts of resources are probably
just sitting idle. I see that it only has 72G of disk though (2x72G
disks in RAID-1 config), however we could probably solicit donation of
the disks needed or even convince DPL to throw some money at it. Hence
the questions:

1. Is there any virtualization solution on zee which would allow us to
run more than a single buildd on it?
2. If disks are the bottleneck, what are the part numbers for them? I
guess that if we would get another two, we could simply make another
RAID-1 volume out of that, to not interfere too much with existing
setup?
3. Who is the right person to talk to about arranging various
reconfigurations like that?

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org