Re: Please give back xapian-core on hppa

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 12:49:29AM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 07:45:32AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> > The build failed in the testsuite with:
> >
> > Running test: keepalive1... NetworkError: Couldn't connect (context: remote:tcp(127.0.0.1:1239)) (No child processes)
> >
> > That looks like fork() failed because all pids were in use at the time, and
> > I've not seen this error before (and the relevant code hasn't changed
> > recently), so can we retry it:
>
> Reasons for fork() failing is ussually not because it runs out of
> pids but because it runs out of memory.

Hmm yes, that's certainly more likely.

But actually, "No child processes" is ECHILD, which (at least according to the
man page) fork() doesn't give.  So I'm guessing this is from wait() or
something similar.

> > gb xapian-core_1.0.19-1 . hppa
>
> Done

It's failed again in the same way (and on the same buildd - peri).  The
odd thing is that nothing obviously related has changed since the previous
upload which built fine, and I don't recall seeing a build fail like this
before.

I've successfully built on paer, and uploaded the result.

Looking at other recent failed builds on peri, I notice 3 others where make
died with "No child processes", which makes me suspect there's an issue with
this particular buildd:

https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=openoffice.org&arch=hppa&ver=1%3A3.2.0-8&stamp=1271570007&file=log&as=raw
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=ns3&arch=hppa&ver=3.7.1-7&stamp=1271545116&file=log&as=raw
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=libcoro-perl&arch=hppa&ver=5.220-1&stamp=1271489015&file=log&as=raw