Re: force-confnew (was: Document correct buildd chroot setup somewhere?)

* Kurt Roeckx (kurt@roeckx.be) [100405 14:19]:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 01:58:31PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > However, I still think we should use force-confnew, because conffiles
> > shouldn't contain valuable changes in the chroots. Why do you think
> > it's bad to use force-confnew?
>
> It hides bugs.

and? I think these are bugs that we should hide at least in
[old]stable and on slow architectures. That's not the only place we
don't fall on bugs.

(E.g. the we don't uninstall packages hides bugs as well. But I'm
happy with that.)

An alternative suggestion: How if we grep for the specific occurence
in the build logs, and file bug(s) (or even autofile once per week
against buildd.d.o if there was at least one occurence)? That way we
don't block builds, but we still notice.

Andi