Re: Will buildd.debian.org remain on https only?

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 09:24:03AM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> [Please CC me on answer, I'm not subscribed]
>
> Hi,
>
> While cleaning up the website, we noticed that http://buildd.debian.org/
> redirects to https://buildd.debian.org/ (which is fine), but we wonder
> if http is definitely dead, or if it will rise again in the future.

I don't remember exactly why we did this.  I think this was so
that some files could be authenticated, but I can't remember
which.  But I see no reason why we couldn't switch back to http
at some point.  I think this is just an implementation detail and
would leave any documentation with http.

Kurt