Re: edos-(build)debcheck - the next generation

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 08:28:14PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Ralf Treinen (treinen@debian.org) [100726 22:50]:
> > We are currently working on the next generation of edos-debcheck and
> > edos-builddebcheck (and some other related tools) which will be based
> > on a new library (dose3). So this is the best moment to rethink command
> > line usage and output formats.
>
> I'd like to specify an arch to use, and have both edos to ignore
> packages of other arches, and satisfy the proper arch-specificy
> depends (i.e. works with something like "Depends: a [linux-any], b
> [i386 amd64]").

are you talking about edos-debcheck or edos-BUILDdebcheck here?
build-debcheck (the next generation) has already that feature. For
edos-debcheck, this could easily be achieved by filtering the
packages file through grep-dctrl, since for binary packages
there are no architecture constraints on the package relations
(as oposed to source packages). But we can consider adding such
an option to edos-debcheck too if you really need it.

> > Following the remarks and bug reports we received for the current
> > edos-debcheck we made a proposal on
> >
> >   http://wiki.debian.org/EDOS/ProposalDose3
>
> About packages appearing multiple times: What is the issue if the
> packages are different in different versions? That's something normal
> e.g. for experimental, and should be accepted.

there is no problem as long as different versions of the same package
have different version numbers. There is a problem only when there
are different packages
with the same name and also the same vesion number.

-Ralf
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes