Re: Please give back lapack on mipsel

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:09:02PM +0200, Thomas Weber wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:46:56PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 04:12:13PM +0200, Thomas Weber wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > it seems lapack was tried with a too old blas package (file
> > > locations
> > > changed).
> >
> > Then it should set a proper versioned build-depedency.
>
> I'm not lapack's maintainer, my packages only depends on it. But do you
> really want a sourceful upload and a recompilation on 10 architectures
> because one architecture didn't get it right?
>
> I've just filed a bug (579463) against lapack, but I still think that a
> dep-wait would be a far less intrusive solution right now.

Thanks for filing the bug.

In most such cases, working around the RC bug isn't buying you
anything, and you'd have to wait for the RC bug to get fixed
anyway.  I have no idea what the blas maintainers did exactly,
the changelog is anything but clear, and it already seems to have
moved to testing.

So I'v given it back.  But that doesn't mean lapack shouldn't get
fixed to have a proper dep-wait.

Kurt