Re: lcd4linux is linux specific

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:38:46 (CET), Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:08:16AM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>>
>> hi team,
>>
>> could you please add lcd4linux as linux specific?
>>
>> While I believe that it probably can be ported to kfreebsd with some
>> efford, it currently requires some linux specific headers. Until this is
>> done, I don't think it's worth trying it on kFreeBSD and other non-linux
>> archs.
>
> It currently says:
> %lcd4linux: !hppa !ia64 !m68k !mips !mipsel !powerpc !sh4 !sparc %# <sys/io.h>
>
> Does that mean you want to change it to:
> %lcd4linux: alpha amd64 armel i386 s390
>
> It never seems to have build on s390 and is set to not-for-us,
> which leaves only the first 4 which are now also in unstable.

TBH, I think even this would be appropriate:

%lcd4linux: amd64 armel i386

but as it seems to build on alpha, I don't care that much.

s390 doesn't make sense at all, as lcd4linux needs special lcd hardware
attached locally at a parallel port or via usb which AFAIUI s390 doesn't
provide. For alpha I have no idea if there is support for such hardware.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4