Re: Persistent lists or gb to BD-Uninstallable

Hi Kurt,

Am Mittwoch, den 29.07.2009, 22:28 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> Variant A
> We make giveback and binNMU switch not to Build-Needed, but
> BD-Uninstallable. This way, they will not be tried until the next run of
> trigger.often (which happens, well, often). No other changes are
> required, the commands run quickly, but there will be a slight delay
> every time until the package will be tried.
>
> Additionally, one probably wants gb -o, when applied to packages in
> Dep-Wait, switch to BD-Uninstallable as well. If one really wants to try
> them, despite what edos-debcheck might say, one can put them into
> Needs-Build by running an additional gb -o.

I implemented this, and it’s read to merge from
git://git.debian.org/users/nomeata/wanna-build.git

With this in place, a command like
	gb haskell-regex-posix . sparc
will put the package into BD-Uninstallable first. This will also work
for this nice, hand assembled list of Maybe-Failed packages:

gb haskell-regex-posix . sparc
gb haskell-vty . alpha armel hppa s390
gb haskell-network . alpha armel sparc
gb missingh . amd64 powerpc sparc
gb haskell-hsql . armel mips mipsel sparc . -o
gb haskell-parsec2 . armel mips mipsel sparc . -o
gb haskell-convertible . alpha
gb xmonad . mipsel
gb haskell-x11 . alpha
gb haskell-x11 . sparc . -o
gb haskell-parsec . armel sparc
gb bustle . kfreebsd-i386
gb haskell-http . s390
gb washngo . i386
gb haskell-cgi . alpha amd64 armel hppa i386 s390 sparc
gb hdbc-postgresql . alpha
gb haskell-regex-base . alpha
gb haskell-regex-base . kfreebsd-i386
gb haskell-quickcheck . alpha armel sparc
gb haskell-curl . amd64 i386
gb haskell-openal . alpha armel sparc
gb haskell-haskeline . alpha armel hppa s390
gb pandoc . kfreebsd-i386
gb highlighting-kate . alpha hppa s390
gb haskell-testpack . alpha
gb hdbc . armel
gb haskell-ifelse . alpha
gb haskell-fgl . alpha armel sparc
gb uuagc . kfreebsd-i386
gb haskell-monadcatchio-mtl . alpha
gb haskelldb . alpha kfreebsd-i386
gb haskelldb-hsql-postgresql . ia64
gb hdbc-sqlite3 . alpha
gb haskell-regex-compat . armel
gb helium . kfreebsd-i386
gb lhs2tex . kfreebsd-i386
gb haskell-src-exts . hppa mips mipsel s390
gb kaya . kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386
gb haskell-configfile . alpha amd64 i386 powerpc
gb haskell-glut . alpha armel sparc
gb hdbc-odbc . alpha

(-o for packages that are marked as Failed, but should work now)

I’m really looking forward not having to do that again :-)

Additionally, these package have been built successfully, but too early:
nmu haskell-mtl . armel sparc . -m 'Rebuild against ghc6-6.10.4 for real'
nmu haskell-curl . armel hppa mipsel s390 sparc . -m 'Rebuild against ghc6-6.10.4 for real'

(There might be more, but they are a bit harder to find)

Thanks,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner